Toscana is full of sites worth visiting. Here are some of my favorite spots:
- Terme San Filippo, Via S. Filippo, 23, 53023 Bagni S.Filippo, Castiglione d’Orcia SI, Italy – map
- Cascate del Mulino, Via della Follonata, 58014 Saturnia, Manciano GR, Italy – map
- Monte San Savino, Siena, San Gimignano, Radda in Chianti round – map
- Firenze – map deserves a dedicated day, but why not make also scenic path to it …
- Val d’Orcia – map the place, where it pays to get lost and look for Your own routes …
- Pitigliano, Grosetto and Viale dei cipressi – map
- Lucca, Pisa, Livorno, …
- Arezzo – near by city
- Anghiari and SanSepolcro (Gelateria Ghignoni – map )
- San Marino – map
- Local Roads to see – map and more, just drive and enjoy
Well, not everyone likes bends and twisty roads.
For quieckest and easiest way from the house to various cities here is recomended way.
Total distance: 113.28 km
Total climbing: 0 m
Total descent: 0 m
Average speed: nan km/h
Download file: 20181015115936-24193-data.gpx
This route is quite challenging. It has two peaks, first is not to steep while other is quite steep.
Route starts in vilage Le Ville from where we go toward Palazzo dell Pero. Here we go right to valey, which is steadily rising to crossing Valico La Foce. Next is descent to picturese Castiglion Fiorentino. From ther we follow Strada Provinciale Polvano e Valle Nestore and climb to second peak. After the peak we descend toward Citta Di Castello, and later through Monterchi back to starting point.
Total distance: 87.04 km
Total climbing: 749 m
Total descent: -764 m
Average speed: 21.82 km/h
Download file: 2017-05-02 1043__20170502_1043.gpx
This route is really near the house. It starts at Il Rifugio restaurant, climb to Chiusi della Verna and then to pass Del Spino. After that it is more ore less descent back to start.
Route is quite demanding as climbs and descent are steep.
Total distance: 31.51 km
Total climbing: 634 m
Total descent: -639 m
Average speed: 23.19 km/h
Download file: 2017-05-01 1306__20170501_1306.gpx